- Homosexuality⚢✖ Illegal (imprisonment as punishment)
- Marriage⚭✖ Not legal
- Changing Gender✖ Illegal
- Adoption✖ Step-child adoption only
- Discrimination✖ No protections
- Housing Discrimination✖ No protections
- Employment Discrimination✖ No protections
- Age of Consent✔ Equal
- Donating Blood✔ Legal
- Conversion Therapy✖ Not banned
"Should Society Accept Homosexuality?"
Illegal (imprisonment as punishment)
If the person is of 16 years or older and has consent, imprisonment not exceeding 3 years. If the person does not have consent, from 5 to 25 years.
Same sex marriage is not recognized in Ghana
they haven't even legalized same sex activity.
As homosexuality is illegal, there are no legal protections
No protections involving sexual orientation or gender identity.
Under the 1992 Ghana Criminal Code.
According to the National Ghana Blood Service.
LGBT Rights by Region
View the LGBT laws in each individual region of Ghana.